Lets make a Stampede of Rhinos!

Reference in the Rig

Lets drop him to see the cool Jiggle

Cool!

Load the animation Clip

The TimeEditor is great for mixing clips.

This Loops your Clip

This Retimes your Clip

This moves your Clip

Be Free Rhino!

Lets see what space to use when he’s running to keep him upright

We’re currently in custom space this is a mixture of world and local and you can blend between them.

• -1 is Local and will look at the relative rotation and position
  • 1 is world where it gets its Absolute position and rotation

only the chest marker is custom the rest is local

watch how when I slide the custom slider from 0 to -1 the Rhino is still doing the cycle but falls over > 0 on custom is a mix of local and worlds

Time to go a bit Advanced

In Advanced Pose in the AttributeEditor I Tweak some things…

• Pose Twist Amount I put to 0 this is like having ‘z’ rotations free and not locked to an Absolute world location/rotation
  • World Pose Translation I put to 0 as well… this ignores the Absolute world space position

NOTE! I could choose to have X , Y or Z Position still be effecting my Sim ( will go more indepth on this further down the thread )

Back to the Run!

Lets speed it up!

Look at em go!

Lets add that Gallop Cycle …

you can also load another cycle and retime it to break up the repetitive nature of the cycle …

Moving clips over eachother blends them together MAGIC

Lets add a Run at the end… just copy and past the first clip or import the clip again. Move the Run clip over the Gallop to blend them .

NOTE!! blending the clips might take some adjustment to get the transition timing just right

Lets see what we have without Editing

NICE!

Ok time to adjust the timing.

I’m going to pump up the Pose Strength to get more glue on the animation input into the sim.

Almost done!.. well one Rhino at least…

Time to bake and get some lights, cameras and see the action :slight_smile:

Lights!

Lets see the Action…

Next update will be about adding more …much more Rhinos… and some Space settings

1 Like